I love Halloween. I love it more now that I'm a mother and I get to watch my daughter dress up. This is the first year that she is actually excited to dress up in her costume. She's the cutest Minnie Mouse ever. I love Halloween decorations almost as much as I love Christmas Decorations. But, I find myself enjoying adult Halloween parties less and less. When did Halloween become national hoebag it up day!?!?! Seriously. I have NEVER been the type of girl to pick up the trampy Halloween "nurse" or "cop" or "Playboy bunny" costume at my nearest adult store. I've always been the type to go for homemade, funny, and unique costumes. I kind of get it if you're 19, 20, 21, even 22 years old it's your time to show what your mama gave you and be
somewhat justified.... but my group of friends is hitting or in their 30's and we have children.We are married. We aren't fresh out of our parent's houses or in college. This isn't our first Halloween party to attend where mom and dad don't have to approve our costumes. We are not 21 years old. It's crazy to me that some of them leave their homes and children to attend an adult Halloween party in the sexy nurse outfit.
crazy. Last night I attended what might be my last Halloween party. I'm just getting too old for this nonsense. First of all, my friends and I put in a lot of hard work and dedication into our costumes. We went at the cast from Forrest Gump. I was Jenny, my husband was Forrest, my BFF was Forrest's mom, and her husband was Lt. Dan. It was awesome. We looked great. On the way there, my friend and I joked about how we would be the only fully clothed girls there. We were partly joking. I kid you not.... besides another friend dressed as Flo from Progressive, EVERY other costume was bought at the hoebag store. Seriously!?!?! It was sort of awkward. I mean, how do you hold a convo with a friend you haven't seen since last year when her boobies are literally popping out at you?? The men love it of course, but at the same time, I guarantee my husband wouldn't want me dressed in that costume. It's not who we are. I can't help but want to tell my mom and dad (who watched my daughter while I attended this shit show) that they should be proud of themselves for raising a daughter who doesn't dress like a hooker each and every Halloween. Anywho, that's my rant on adult Halloween.
Oh my gosh. I totally understand. Every year we go to a Halloween party and it feels like you're shunned if you're not dressed as a hoebag, lol.
ReplyDelete