Saturday, June 29, 2013

Updates and vacations

It's been awhile since I posted.  I've been extremely busy with all things that scream summertime fun.  We've been hosting and attending many BBQ's, spending time with the grandma's since they are on summer break from school, and taking advantage of me NOT having to schedule around weekly RE appts.  It's been nice to have a break and to spend time with friends and family.  Nice and exhausting all at once.  Packing and unpacking for day trips or week long trips is always well worth the adventure, but after awhile, I just need to slow down, and spend some time at home.

 I've been pretty good emotionally.  I'm coming to terms with Taylor being our only, and working on acceptance.  The let down after a BFN FET was far less emotional and draining than a fresh cycle IVF miscarriage.   Yes, we were sad, but it is what it is.

I had a play date with one of my pregnant friends that went very well.  I was proud of myself for leaving that play date not feeling jealousy, envy, or bitter.  I was super happy for a change.  On that note, I've noticed that my jealousy and bitterness towards pregnant women has become extremely particular.  I'm not jealous of women who are pregnant with their first, no matter the circumstance.  Yes, I still envy their bumps, but I don't have those obnoxious bitter Betty feelings.  My jealousy and bitterness is aimed at those women who are pregnant with #2.  Further more, those whose #1 with around the age of my DD, and even further more those who get a BFP with #2 by sneezing.  There are a few women that are the exception to this rule.  So, I'm happy that I'm growing out of the "I despise every pregnant women in the world" phase, maybe soon, I will be less bothered by any pregnancies around me???? We shall see.

Also, I've noticed that I'm becoming a professional baby bump spotter.  I swear, it's like a sick game for me.  Whenever we're out in public, I'm constantly noticing big pregnant bellies (of course), but I'm also always guessing if someone is barely pregnant when I can see a small, rounded bump.  I know that sometimes I'm probably wrong, and, like me they might have just ate a cheeseburger and fries and just have a "food baby".  But, I think I'm getting pretty darn good at spotting those little baby bumps.  Guess it comes with the infertility, envious territory. 

We just got home from Pismo Beach, Ca today.  Every year since I was in Jr. High I have gone to Pismo with my parents for a week.  Now, Taylor and I join my parents for the whole week, and Jake makes it for the second 1/2 of the week.  I feel extremely blessed that he stays home and urges us to go and enjoy ourselves while he busts out a couple more work days in 100 degree weather.  He is pretty awesome, I must say.  Overall, the weekend was awesome.  We spent plenty of time on the beach building sandcastles and walking along the shore.  But...... I overindulged.... A LOT.  The morning we left, I weighed 138.  Today, after overindulging all week, drinking lots of wine last night, and eating too much at a birthday party today, I stupidly stepped on the scale to weigh in at 148!!!!!! 10 freaking lbs in 7 days!!!!! I'm disgusted with myself.  Now, I know that tomorrow morning it will already be down a couple lbs, but not even close to my ideal weight of 138-140.  UGH.   And, I even logged 16miles of jogging and did some core workouts, too.  But, that's all part of vacation.  Now, it's back to clean eating, and hitting it hard at the gym.

Watching my first polo match in Santa Monica

 Will Rogers estate in Santa Monica

Inspiration Loop

Trying to keep up with the hubs

Taylor and her cousin, Melody.  My sister and my niece came down for a few days from Oregon.  The girls had a blast together.

running through the sprinklers.  To be a kid again......

My niece, Melody


Pismo Beach Pier
 

Just adorable

our sandcastle city

Papa buried us

Zorro's Café in Shell Beach. 

Bee exhibit at San Luis Obispo Children's Museum

This is me. I love this picture because this was such a good evening.  Good friends, beer, and pure bliss. 

I <3 him

tide pool fun

 

 


Taylor and my mom.  They adore one another.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! Also, we should start a company.... I'm a professional baby bump spotter, too :( xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove the picture of Taylor with her sand bucket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a wonderful vacation. I absolutely love the pics. Your daughter is such a cutie.

    PS...I spot every darn baby bump too. Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun vacation! We are TTC #2 as well so I can really resonate with what you said here.

    ReplyDelete