"Mommy, I want you to have a baby in your tummy. Can you try? Are you still trying? I want you to have a girl, and I want her name to be Sophia." - Taylor, 3.5years old, 10/21/2013
Yesterday was my second appointment with my new OB. I was 11weeks1day. I'm more than excited to say that everything, once again, went well and on track. The little bean was kicking and moving. We saw a strong heartbeat, legs, arms, and an obvious head. There has been so much change and growth since the last appointment. I'm in love. I'm in awe. I'm still in disbelief that this is really happening. Most the time it still feels like a dream. After 2 years of nothing but let downs, I became very used to accepting the bad news and planning for the next attempt to get me to this point. Now, here we are. Pregnant, and so close to being in the second trimester.
The worry and the fear fades with every passing day. It fades with every bout of nausea, and other pregnancy related symptoms. It faded tremendously after the appointment yesterday. Knowing that we've seen a strong healthy, progressing baby 4 times now is very reassuring. Again, I know I'm not in the clear yet, and in no way, shape, or form, do I feel worry free..... but I'm starting to enjoy this the way I should. The way I want to. We worked damn hard for this. Prayed a million times for this. Spent thousands upon thousands of dollars for this. Went through a lot of emotions, fights, crying, bitterness, and jealousy for this. I BETTER start enjoying it! We've told almost all of our close family and friends. Taylor still doesn't know. I don't really know what's holding us back now, as we said we would if yesterday went well, but neither of us are ready to tell her yet. She will know soon enough. We're just not ready. I'm still scared of breaking her heart if God forbid something went wrong now.
Yesterday, I cried. A lot. I cried because I was extremely happy and relieved after our appointment. I cried because I felt blessed. Because I felt freed from so much pain and sorrow that I've harbored for a very long time. I cried because our dreams are finally coming true.

I absolutely love that verse and it fits you so well. I am so glad that things are progressing. I think of you often and always pray for you when you cross my mind.
ReplyDeleteThat's the perfect verse!!
ReplyDelete♥♥♥ so happy to hear good news again :)
ReplyDeleteOh Darcie...I'm so happy for you. What great news.
ReplyDeleteSo happy for another great update!!! <3
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis makes me so incredibly happy for you. I agree with everyone else. An absolutely perfect verse!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your second little miracle!
ReplyDeleteI don't know what made me check my old blog this morning but I did and then I saw this. After all your heartache, suffering and praying, you deserve it! Congrats!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so so so so so happy for you!! Hope things are still going well! I think you are about as far along as my little sister. :D
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see everything is continuing to go well! Even happier to hear the worry is fading with each passing day. You damn well better enjoy this pregnancy mamma! ;) So happy for you!
ReplyDelete