Thursday, October 3, 2013

Our second little Miracle

Since the beginning of this blog, I've referred to our sweet little daughter as our miracle.  Because she really is a miracle child.  Isn't every child a miracle???? She came to us so easily.  During all of our struggles to complete our family, we've been told time and time again by professionals and well-wisher's that she's a miracle. I thank God for her everyday.  The morning before I left for our ultrasound, we were cuddled on the couch watching cartoons.  I told God that I would be more than grateful for another blessing, but that if it wasn't in the cards, that I would eventually understand.  And, that I had all I ever needed in this little blessing right in front of my eyes.   
 
Her first day of Preschool <3


 
 
Yesterday, my mom and I were blessed to see and HEAR a strong heartbeat of our second little miracle.  The little kidney bean sized baby's heart was beating away at 150bpm and I couldn't have been happier.  Everything is measuring right on track and looks just like it's supposed to.  I mentioned my mom was there...... Yes, I brought my mommy with me to the u/s.  Jake couldn't get the day off and I couldn't even fathom making that 2 hour drive home again if I received bad news.  So, I called my mom and asked if she could come with me.  Being that she is my closest supporter who really gets infertility, she has been by my side through this entire journey, and I LOVE and ADMIRE her for that.  Luckily, instead of driving her devastated daughter home, she got to witness her soon to be grandchild's teeny tiny heartbeat.  I'm so proud that I could give her that moment. 
 


 
This ultrasound brought a lot of relief and took away a lot of the worry.  I can finally say that I'm excited.  We are not out of the woods yet, and we still have 5 more weeks to go before reaching the lovely second trimester.   But, to hear a strong heartbeat, see appropriate growth, and hear my RE say that my chances of m/c are now 2%, I feel so much more confident. 
 
As of now, we are pregnant! With our second little (rainbow) miracle.  I feel so blessed and thankful! I have one more ultrasound and appointment with my RE a week from Friday (10/11).  If all is good at that meeting, I will stop the progesterone and estrogen.  I'll continue the baby aspirin through the first trimester.  I made a consultation appointment with a new OBGYN for this Monday, and hope to get started with him as soon as I graduate from the RE. 
 
This still feels surreal..... like I'm in a dream...... But, it's starting to become more and more real. But, I already know this pregnancy will be different.  I will worry more. I'm no longer naïve and carefree.  I will forever have the feelings of an infertile woman, and I will handle situations differently than in the past.  But, that's okay.  We are here now, and I will deal with it.  Plus, there is an upside.  I will be more grateful and thankful from the get go.  I will be more compassionate and understanding to those who are struggling.  I've grown a lot during this journey. 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. You have NO idea how happy this makes me! I will continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. Miss you sweet lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3!!!!!! Happy tears for you, Darcie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you Darcie! Hugs my friend. Your daughter so beautiful and now this little miracle. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH I just popped in to check your blog after a hiatus from reading and I'm sooo happy to hear this. You don't know me, but I was on BBC reading your journey. So happy for you!!!!!!
    Emily
    www.wantinganotherwagner.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Fantastic news!! So glad things are progressing so well! You're (first) miracle is a major cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this makes me so ridiculously happy for you ♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you! This is such great news! Congrats lady :)

    ReplyDelete