We went to an elective ultrasound boutique type place for the gender determination. I was 15weeks3days and it was 110% obvious that it was a boy! I'm very excited! And, I'm actually in total shock. I can honestly say that I truly didn't care if it was a boy or girl. I just want a human baby. But, I felt like it was a girl. I expected to hear girl, so hearing "it's a boy" was a shocker!
As soon as the "money shot" came up on the huge screen Jake and I both knew exactly what it was. I looked over for Jake's reaction. He had a huge smile on his face. He just stared down at Taylor and waited for her response... more on her response later. I know that if he could have chosen the gender he would want a boy. But... he has said every time, "I just want a healthy baby." So, he didn't have that traditional man response about having a boy.... but I saw that smile :) I over heard him telling our friend (father of one daughter who was brought to this world through surrogacy) that he didn't care what we had but "that he loved his daughter so much that he couldn't imagine saying he wanted a boy over a girl." I will always remember that response. It melted my heart and brought tears to my eyes. Have I ever mentioned how much I love that man?!?!?! How great of a father I think he is to our daughter?!?!?!?! He is seriously the best, and I am beyond grateful for him.
Back to Taylor's response. During the ultrasound, she didn't say much about the gender. She just giggled at the baby kicking his feet and moving around. She asked a lot of questions about the ultrasound equipment and how it worked. After the appointment, she had a small break down with crocodile tears and all. She said she really wanted a baby sister. We talked a little bit about it, and how it was okay to be sad, that a baby brother is awesome, that you get what you get and you don't throw a bit. After that she ended up being fine. I don't think she's excited about the gender like we are, but she has plenty of time to come to terms with it. Overall, she's just happy to have a baby. She talks about how we will bathe the baby, rock the baby, how the baby will cry a lot, and not know how to talk. It warms my heart to have these conversations with her.
The best part of the elective ultrasound place wasn't finding out the gender. Instead it was seeing that sweet little miracle baby on a huge screen. Their equipment is top of the line, and everything was so clear and easy to point out. It was a huge, HUGE sense of reassurance to see all the parts. Plus, we got to listen to the heart beat for close to a minute straight, which will never EVER get old.
I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgivng.
Congratulations!!! xo
ReplyDeleteI am SO excited for you! Boys rule! And I know Tay will come around once Baby Boy makes his appearance! Congrats, Darcy. Miss you ♥♥♥
ReplyDeleteWhoohooo!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I seriously gasped when I saw the it's a boy part!!! Happy tears!!! <3
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!
ReplyDeleteSO SO SO happy for you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYaaaayyyyy!!!! Such wonderful news. I'm so so happy for you dear friend. xoxo
ReplyDeleteOne of each...how incredibly perfect! Congrats!
ReplyDelete