Saturday, January 4, 2014

Sharing an article: What you should never EVER say to someone experiencing fertility issues

I always find these type of infertility etiquette articles very helpful... and I can so relate.   I've heard each and every one of those comments, at least once.  Infertility sucks.  Most people will never understand the hurt, frustration, and insecurities that come along with infertility.  But, if you know someone struggling to get or stay pregnant, please read this article.

http://www.mothering.com/community/a/the-things-you-should-never-ever-say-to-someone-experiencing-fertility-issues

1 comment:

  1. The "Have you though about adoption?" one is my biggest pet peeve. I want to say, "Have YOU?" Adoption is something that should be a calling from your heart and it not just not be reserved as a last resort only for infertile couples without any options left. There are plenty of children who need good homes in the world, so fertile couples can certainly adopt a child just as easily as an infertile couple. YOU adopt and then ask me why don't I just adopt. I really feel the only people who ask an infertile couple this is if they have already adopted themselves. It is not the job of infertile couples to rescue the world's needy children, because they can't have their own either. I think any therapist would tell you if you're adopting only because you have no other options, you best find that it's really in your heart to care for a child biologically not your own first. Anyone asking the question should themselves those same questions. There I said it, and now I feel better! ha!

    ReplyDelete