Friday, April 4, 2014

She turns 4

On March 18th, we celebrated Taylor's 4th birthday.  Well, actually the celebrations began with our trip to Disneyland, where we had a special celebratory lunch at Ariel's Grotto. 


On her actual birthday, we celebrated (twice).  First, Taylor and I made cookies for her class.  As a former teacher, I cringe at the idea of bringing anything messy and time consuming, so we settled on cookies. As a mom, I was really excited to bring cookies and Capri Sun (big deal to Tay) to celebrate my little girl's big day. 

This is the outfit she wore to school.  Dress was handmade by my talented mom ;)

After school, she was surprised with her first very own delivery of flowers from Daddy. She thought she was pretty cool :)
 
 
 
That evening, we had a mini birthday party with our Taco Tuesday crew that we eat with every Tuesday.  It was our night to host, so we decided to just add in some cupcakes.  I think the kids approved.  


 
 
 
Celebrating her birthday this year was so much fun.  Taylor was so excited to turn "tour".  She was so excited to pick out what to wear for each of her celebrations.  She thoroughly enjoyed helping us decorate, cook, bake, etc. 
 
 
 
 
Her 4th birthday wasn't complete without a FROZEN birthday party for her and a few of her closest friends.  If you haven't heard, Frozen is a big deal for girls her age.  Because of that, it's extremely hard to get your hands on any Frozen party loot.  So, this mama spent a lot of time making a few things up on my own.  Her party was pretty simple, and small.  Well, small for the amount of kids.  There were quite a few adults there, since we live by both sets of grandparents.  Plus, we had her aunt and two uncles in town. 
 
Frozen necklace party favors for the girls





My dad made her this dress up closet.  It's adorable and perfect for a little girl who can't get enough of dress up time. 
 
 
 
As you can see her birthday celebrations were a little overboard.  But, Jake and I decided to focus on experiences instead of material gifts when it comes to birthdays.  So between Disneyland, cookies at school, cupcakes at Taco Tuesday, and a small frozen birthday party, I would say she had some great 4th birthday experiences... and plenty of SUGAR!!!!
 
 
Age 3 is crazy.  There's really not a better way to put it.  I look forward to everything that is coming along for us as a family, and for Taylor as a 4 year old.  I love being Taylor's mommy.  I love sharing these moments with her.  She is simply the best. 
 

My daughter is the joy of my life.  She is by far the best thing I have ever done.  Watching her blossom into such a beautiful, talented, loving, spirited little kid (no longer a baby at all) is both exciting and sad.  We have so much fun together.  She truly is my little sidekick, and I couldn't be more blessed.  I'm only sad because time goes by so fast.  It seems like literally yesterday I was planning her 3rd birthday, and 2nd, and 1st.  I only have one full year left with her in my nest full time before she becomes a big bad kindergartner. 
 
 
Taylor currently loves all things princess.  She loves Disney Jr.  She hates the dentist, and shots at the doctor.  She can ride a bike without training wheels very well.  She is learning to ride a two wheel scooter, and is improving quickly.  She is extremely girly, and wants to be wearing a dress or skirt at all times.  She still sleeps with her "Dolly".  She loves to be read to, and will sit and listen for well over 30 minutes.  She knows how to push button, and she well test everyone to see just how much she can get away with.  But, she's a people pleaser (just like her mommy and daddy), so once she knows her boundaries, she's pretty good at following them.  She asks "WHY???" a trillion times a day.  She loves to sing, dance, color, and play outside.  Her current favorite foods are Mac N Cheese, popcorn, blueberries, red grapes, milk, ghram crackers, hummus, Salmon, peas, edemame, and frozen yogurt.  

3 comments:

  1. Happy {belated} birthday Miss Taylor!!

    Looks like she had a lot of fun! I can't believe our kiddos are 4 already. I'm in complete denial about them starting kindergarten in a little over a year. Nope. Not gonna happen!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw happy birthday! And how creative are you- such a good party planner, mom!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to print out this blog and save it somewhere safe for Taylor to read someday. She will appreciate it so much! Wowza what a way to celebrate age 4!!! Can I just say I LOVE that your hubby sent her flowers too. That made my heart melt. Also love how involved her grandparents and whole family are. What a truly blessed family you have. So happy for all this good stuff happening!

    ReplyDelete