Holy moly! How did I get to be 37 weeks so quickly!!!!! Time is going by WAY.TOO.FAST!!! We had our ultrasound appointment last week to confirm baby's position, and he is indeed breech. Frank breech to be exact. So, a repeat c-section has been scheduled for May 7th @12:30pm!!!! So, baby Wyatt will be here in 12 days.... OR LESS!!!! Holy Shit! I'm going to be having a baby in 12 days or less! That's just crazy to me! I'm beyond grateful and excited! I can finally say that this seems real! Yes, and 37.3 weeks, I finally believe this is indeed happening. I am getting more and more excited and anxious everyday.
My desire to "nest" has been in full effect! I've been cleaning my house regularly, keeping up on every one's laundry, and I'm 3/4 of the way finished with a 20 day spring cleaning challenge. I'm having a hard time balancing between full on nesting mode to relax, you're overdoing it mode.

Coming to the conclusion that I will be having a repeat C-section, and having a set date has done wonders for my worries and fears. Yes, I'm fully aware that things could very well happen before our scheduled date of 39weeks2days... but I feel good about having a plan. And, a back up plan IF we don't make it to May 7th. My mom is going to be with Taylor for the first two days, and then my MIL will be with her the second night, and the third day. My dad will be in the waiting room while I have surgery...... My mom was really torn between being at the hospital while I was having surgery vs. being with Taylor. Not that she cares about being there first to see Wyatt, but because I'm her daughter, and I'm having surgery. She decided having my dad there would suffice. And, to be honest, I want my dad there. I need my dad there. My dad is my calming force when I'm upset and nervous. He has a way of putting my nerves in check, and I need that. Both for the birth and for my nerves of leaving Taylor. Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better plan for Taylor.... I'm beyond thankful to have the parents and in-laws that I do. I know many do not have this kind of support. It's kind of weird that I'm so nervous and worried about leaving Taylor. After all, she goes to stay a night or two with my parents or Jake's quite regularly. And, I'm never nervous or worried about it. This is just different. It's different because her whole little world is going to change while I'm away. It has just been the 3 of us for 4 years and 2 months. And, while I know our family is not complete until Wyatt is home with us. And, I know Taylor is going to be an awesome big sister... I just want to do my best as her mommy to make this as seamless as it can be for her.
Today, I'm not too worried about C-section itself. I'm sure this will change as the big day approaches. Yes, I wish I didn't have to have a third major abdominal surgery, but there's no reason to dwell. It is what it is. I'm doing my best to stay active, without overdoing it. I'm trying to find the sweet spot between keeping my body in shape and avoiding possibly inducing labor naturally..... not that I fully believe this is in fact possible, but I don't want to take the chance. As of now, I'm down from 4 days at the gym to 3. My "workouts" are FAR from what they were, even a month ago. Basically, I've been using the elliptical with light resistance for 25 minutes. Then, doing light weights for a full body workout (minus abs). I've eliminated squats, and anything using my lower abdomen/pelvic area. Next week, I still plan to go 3 days, but I'm switching from the elliptical to a 20-30 minute walk, and only upper body weights. Then, after those 3 days, I'm DONE with intentional workouts until after my body is fully healed from the C-section! I'll still be going on mini walks daily with the family and the dogs. But, that doesn't take much out of me.
As far as my other repeat C-section "prep" goes, I'm trying to drink as much water as I can handle. And, I'm trying to eat plenty of fibrous foods. I'm taking iron supplements daily, so I'm doing my best to use fiber and water to cancel out the side effects of iron (aka constipation!!!).
How far along? 37 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain? 28lbs. Yep, that jump in weight was here to stay. J
Maternity clothes? Absolutely! My current fav’s are maxi skirts and fitted shirts from Liz Lange Maternity(Target)
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Sleep: It’s okay. Not horrible. Not fantastic. But, I’ll take it!
Best moment this week: Scheduling my repeat c-section. Even though I was hoping to be in the small percentage of Unicornuate Uterus women to have a head down baby, I’m totally okay with another c-section. And, the type-A, planner in me was stoked to have s set date!
Miss anything? Being able to paint my own toes
Movement: Yes. Some of his kicks are becoming downright painful. But, I still LOVE the movement… and the hiccups!
Food cravings: Not any cravings really. But, my current favorites are: Trader Joe’s multigrain O’s, Prize Slice Organic apple slices, strawberry and lemon infused water, and Cadbury mini eggs (I’m sure it’s a good thing that Easter is over, no more eggs for me!)
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not at the moment
Gender: Boy!!!
Labor Signs: Still having minor BH contractions, and lots of pressure
Symptoms: linea nigra, swelling, sore lower back, and minor rib pain (this has subsided A LOT, yay!)
Belly button in or out? Out, I guess. My hernia is WAY out there!
Wedding rings on or off? They are all off, most days. I’ve been replacing with a different ring when out and about though.
Looking forward to: Next Thursday is my very last OB appt before this baby comes! Finally, it’s starting to feel very, VERY real!
Total weight gain? 28lbs. Yep, that jump in weight was here to stay. J
Maternity clothes? Absolutely! My current fav’s are maxi skirts and fitted shirts from Liz Lange Maternity(Target)
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Sleep: It’s okay. Not horrible. Not fantastic. But, I’ll take it!
Best moment this week: Scheduling my repeat c-section. Even though I was hoping to be in the small percentage of Unicornuate Uterus women to have a head down baby, I’m totally okay with another c-section. And, the type-A, planner in me was stoked to have s set date!
Miss anything? Being able to paint my own toes
Movement: Yes. Some of his kicks are becoming downright painful. But, I still LOVE the movement… and the hiccups!
Food cravings: Not any cravings really. But, my current favorites are: Trader Joe’s multigrain O’s, Prize Slice Organic apple slices, strawberry and lemon infused water, and Cadbury mini eggs (I’m sure it’s a good thing that Easter is over, no more eggs for me!)
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not at the moment
Gender: Boy!!!
Labor Signs: Still having minor BH contractions, and lots of pressure
Symptoms: linea nigra, swelling, sore lower back, and minor rib pain (this has subsided A LOT, yay!)
Belly button in or out? Out, I guess. My hernia is WAY out there!
Wedding rings on or off? They are all off, most days. I’ve been replacing with a different ring when out and about though.
Looking forward to: Next Thursday is my very last OB appt before this baby comes! Finally, it’s starting to feel very, VERY real!
Wow! 12 days or less. That is amazing. Can not wait to see baby Wyatt. I will be sure to be keeping you in my thoughts these next two weeks ♥♥♥ miss you!
ReplyDeleteLOVE!!! Love, love, love!!! So excited for you. So happy that you've made it! You'll be in my prayers <3
ReplyDeleteYay! That spring cleaning list is pretty cool. Makes it seem less daunting and you'll feel so much better once baby gets here knowing it's all done. Oh, and I'm also loving the Liz Lange stuff at Target right now. The tank tops....oh man, got one in every color. They are so comfy! So happy to see you have a such a good plan in place!
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing and May 7th is right around the corner!!! Yay!!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you and can't wait to see pictures of Wyatt! You give me such great inspiration that I too can beat infertility. Love the pic too, you look awesome :)
ReplyDeleteWow, 12 days! Less than that, now!! So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteYou look UH-mazing. It's almost baby time!!
ReplyDelete