Sunday, May 4, 2014

In 2 short days we will be a family of FOUR


Somebody pinch me!  It still seems crazy that this is finally happening.  We are just a couple of days away from completing our family, and that feels magnificent! I am extremely excited to meet our little guy!  To see who he looks like.  To see how much he weighs.  I want to hold him, count his fingers and toes, and give him kisses and snuggles.  I'm so in love already, and I'm so excited to share him with Jake, Taylor, and the rest of the world.  I cannot wait to meet our little miracle!

In the last few days, I've become a little less nervous and anxious about "baby coming out" as Taylor says.  Yes, I'm still worried about how it will all go down from WHEN and IF I will actually go into labor to how Taylor will transition over the next month or so.  It's fear or the unknown.  I've been very open on my blog and in real life about my worries and concerns, and I've been met with lots of comfort that my feelings are normal.  That there will be ups and downs, but that there are with every major life change. One of my best friends said "Fast forward a month, and you wont even remember what it's like to be a family of 3". Oh how true this is.  With every phase, I sometimes find myself thinking it's never going to end.  It's never going to change (Ex: fussy newborns, sickness, potty training, training dogs, family tiffs, spin class). But it always does.  So, I'm going to do my very best to remember "it's just a phase", and do my VERY best to enjoy all the little moments.  We've waited a long time for these new little moments. 

We've been telling Taylor for over a month that "baby brother is coming soon"..... but 4 years olds don't have the best comprehension of time.  So, we started a paper chain when there was 9 days left until my C-section.  There are now only 2 rings left! This is helped put time into perspective.  She's getting both excited and clingy.  These are both recognizable characteristics whenever she knows of an upcoming time away from mommy and daddy.  I know she is going to be in the best hands, and there are going to be a lot of fun "big sister" activities for her. I know that everything will be OKAY.  I know that I will most likely cry when I leave her.  But, I also know that she will love her baby brother, and that she will still love me when I return. 


It's been a great pregnancy.  One that I once thought would be so easy to obtain. One that I later thought would never happen.  A pregnancy that I started to mourn.  A pregnancy that was made possible by science, a lot of hard work, dedication, tons of driving, and of course the Grace of God.  Thank God for science.  It's still a little bittersweet that this pregnancy is coming to and end.  But, I'm ready.  My body is ready.  I'm mentally ready (or as ready as I can be).  I've had an amazing pregnancy,  and feel like overall I've really enjoyed and appreciated it.  Yes, there were lots of fears, and worries that it wouldn't work out.  But, even then, I did my very best to enjoy being pregnant for that day.  And, I'm proud of myself for that.


I'm still feeling pretty good about the C-section.  I'm nervous about the first couple of days at home, and how that will all go down.  But, I'll have my amazing husband, and many friends that I can ask for help if need be. Now, we just wait and see if I make it to my scheduled date and time... or if my body has plans of it's own. 


How far along?  39weeks
Total weight gain?   29-30lbs!
Maternity clothes?  Yes!  But even most maternity clothes just aren’t comfy anymore! I don’t feel comfortable in anything that is tight on my tummy.  So, flowy tops and stretchy waist shorts or maxi skirts are the best.  Oh, and flowy dresses.  Gotta love those!
Stretch marks?  Not yet!!  I might just get lucky and make it through another pregnancy with no stretch marks.  Thanks Mom!!
Sleep:  Not good.  I’m back to nightly sleeping aids.  And even then, I wake up entirely too early.  Ohwell, Mother Nature is doing her best to prepare me for life as a mother with a newborn and a very active 4 year old. 
Best moment this week:  My pedicure.  Simply amazing! I also enjoyed a very overdue haircut at a real salon. I usually have a good friend cut it at her home. She's sick and very busy with her new career path, so I went to a new place. It was nice to have that little bit of pampering . 
Miss anything?  Sleep (even though I know I’ll miss that for awhile) and bending over with ease.
Movement:   Yes!  This little man is quite active again!
Food cravings:  Nope.  Sometimes I’m extremely ravenous for whatever.  Others, nothing sounds good at all except fruit.  Fruit ALWAYS sounds good.
Anything make you queasy or sick?  Sweets haven’t been sitting so well with me, and that’s a bummer, but probably for the best
J
Gender
Boy!!!
Labor Signs:  BH contractions are back. They are more painful, but they don’t take my breath away.  I’m starting to having a lot more pressure.  My boobs are sore on and off. 
Symptoms:  Linea Nigra, lower backaches, swollen and sore feet and fingers (Vienna sausages, anybody??)
Belly button in or out? Out  
Wedding rings on or off?  Officially off.  All the time.  I really can’t handle any jewelry at this time except earrings.  Everything else bugs me. 
Looking forward to:  Having my baby in 2 days or less!

10 comments:

  1. Can't believe it's almost time to have your baby!! Can't wait to see pictures. Good luck on Wednesday and I pray everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! This is the moment I most dream of!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I miss bending over with ease too!! You look amazing and I can't wait to read your post of baby boy's arrival!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHHH! Dying with excitement for you! You still look amazing at the end, and I love the idea of the paper rings to give Taylor a tangible idea of what soon really means. She is going to make a great big sister and you're going to be a fantastic new mom again. Yay for everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Can't believe how soon it is!!! SO excited and happy for you. I'll be thinking of you guys and can't wait to hear about your new son's debut ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's TODAY!!! I am sending you so much love and well wishes that everyone is happy and healthy. Cherish every single beautiful moment. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you and your beautiful family today! ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. By now, I'm sure your sweet babes are here! Can't wait to meet them and hear about their birth. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a little belated but I hope that everything went well! Can't wait to hear an update soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see him! Congrats on your new baby!! <3

    ReplyDelete