Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tis the Season

Pinned Image

"I'm done feeling weighted down.  I am letting it go"

I've picked myself up and pulled out of the mini depression I fell into the last time I blogged.  It's my favorite time of year, and there are so many wonderful things going on.  I don't have time to weigh on the things I don't have.  It's time to enjoy and praise the things I do have. 

I've completed one week of birth control pills.  Luckily the nausea has worn off.  If I remember right, I thought that birth control was supposed to help with acne??? Well, it's not.  I guess stress and all the sugary goodies I've been indulging in (bad, bad, bad!!!!!) are going to offset and benefit I would get from birth control.  Ohwell.  About those sugary indulgences....... I need to stop!!! I've been doing so good with eating well lately, but then I ruin it by eating cookies and frosting.  I stepped on the scale today, and instead of the number going down like it has been, it went back up.  That was enough to make me stop eating cookies.  The Holidays are hard to completely avoid things like that.  BUT, I don't need to be eating cookies just for the sake of eating cookies.  I need to limit myself to ONE, and it should only be during certain occasions, not just after lunch, at my house, by myself. 

I have been having the best time lately with my daughter.  She is seriously the joy of our lives.  She is quite a crack up these days.  Yesterday, we took her to see Christmas lights in a local neighborhood that goes all out.  And, she even took a picture next to Santa! This is a big deal because she has been saying all season that she doesn't want to get close to him. But, after Santa gave her a candy cane and talked to her a bit, she warmed up. It was such a special moment for me.  It warmed my heart to see her look up at that jolly ol' fellow.  The two of us have been making Christmas crafts, talking about baby Jesus, singing Christmas carols, making cookies, buying presents, and truely enjoying the season.  Her favorite carol is Little Drummer Boy.  We read the book everyday and listen to the song multiple times a day (I downloaded the Bob Seger version as it's my favorite).

 I know just two short days after Christmas things are going to get crazy with IVF.  So, I really want to enjoy this last week where I don't actually have to think about TTC at all.  I don't have to care what cd it is, whether or now I'm ovulating, what shot I should be taking, what time I need to leave to make it to my appt.  I don't have to think about any of that, and I'm going to take full advantage of the rest of this little break. 

Merry Christmas!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better. Good luck with upcoming cycle. We will only be a day off in our IVF. I'll be your biggest fan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you in good spirits! What a sweet moment to have with your daughter. You are doing the right thing by sitting back and enjoying yourself, because this is going to be the last holiday with one child. Next year will be crazy, and in a good way I'm sure! Happy holidays! Enjoy your week "off" and don't beat yourself up over a few treats. :)

    ReplyDelete