In the past, my New Year Resolutions have been to eat healthier, stop smoking, lose 10 lbs, lose 5lbs, stop cussing like a sailor..... I have maintained a somewhat healthy diet for over 4 years now. I haven't smoked in over 5 years. I've cut back on my cursing, although I've been know to drop the f-bomb on occasion. I've lost weight, gained it back, maintained, lost, gained, maintained.......
This year, my one and only new year's resolution is to have a baby in the year 2013. I'm trying very hard to have hope that IVF will work for us. The odds are in our favor more now than ever. If I get pregnant via IVF this cycle, my due date would be in October. If it fails, I will have two more months to stay true to my resolution. But, I will not be needing those two extra months, because I'm going to get pregnant this month. I just know it. I have a good feeling about it. I have hope.
Yesterday (12/31) was my first day of stims (Gonal F and menopur injections). The hubs and I also started our antibiotics yesterday and will take them for a week, just to make sure we have no infections before the ER and sperm donation. We both got sick from the antibiotics yesterday, but remembered to down a whole glass of water this morning, and felt much better. The Gonal F injections are giving me major headaches, but I'm taking it with stride, knowing it will all be worth it when we get our BFP.
I've started to take pictures of things to document our journey of IVF and plan to put together our journey via pictures at the end of this month. It was quite shocking to see the ice chest (no joke) of meds arrive at my front door. I felt at that moment, that I needed to take pictures of these things to help family and friends have a little better grasp of what going through this process is like.
I hope everyone had a Happy New Year! Our new year's eve consisted of a glass of wine and being in bed before 9:30. We were quite the party poopers. But, it's nice to wake up without a hangover, although I kinda feel like I have one since I have a pounding headache anyways :)
Way to stick with the NY resolutions of the past. I am with you for IVF working to be THE ONE goal for this year...well that and to be less bitter about this being so hard. I'm really working on that one all the time. It's a WIP. lol
ReplyDeleteGood you are taking it easy and taking care of your body too. We were in bed at 9 too and had a great day today. Hopefully making all the right choices will pay off for you and I both!