I don't even know if I knew about this special marker when I was pregnant with Taylor. Like I've said in the past, I was a different pregnant person with Taylor than I am now. I still stressed a lot, and was worried about loss, but once I got out of the first trimester... that all started to dwindle.
Apparently, 24 weeks marks the time when viability increases. That means, from this week forward, our miracle baby has a chance at survival. Granted it's only around 50%, it's still a huge jump. I'll take it!! This is just another pregnancy milestone that feels AMAZING to hit.
In other news, I made the switch back to my old OB (Dr. D) and his super large and annoying office. All in all, I'm happy I made the switch back. I've already had my fair share of issues with some of the broads over the phone, but I'm happy to say that it was a HUGE relief to be seen by my old OB. Being seen by him just felt like I was home. It felt right. Since I can't seem to have it all in this hellhole city (a nice, knowledgeable staff + a supportive patient-centered OB) I'll stick with the OB whom I feel most at ease with.
So far, my second trimester really has been the honeymoon trimester. Most days I feel pretty good. My energy level is back. The nausea is gone for the most part. And, the best part is that I'm finally looking pregnant! I'm obsessed with my bump! Taylor and Jake are pretty obsessed with it as well. Even at 24 weeks, some days it's still hard to believe that I'm actually pregnant. That we finally did it. Science is effin awesome!
My daughter is absolutely obsessed with her "baby brother". Everything is about her baby brother. And, it warms my heart each and every time she brings it up. I want to cry happy tears every time she rubs, gently pats, or kisses my tummy. This beautiful child of mine has waited a long time to be a big sister. And, she is going to be a very good big sister.
Here's a little pregnancy update. I went back and forth on whether or not to do these. And, I decided to do them on occasion. My reasoning is because I'm not keeping a pregnancy journal this time as I did last time. So, I want to be able to look back and see how things changed. I want to enjoy this pregnancy to it's fullest because it took a lot of hard work and determination to get here.
How far along? 24 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain? 14-15 lbs. It seems like a lot, but I'm right on track for my pre-pregnancy weight.
Maternity clothes? Yes! I live in maternity leggings and tops from Target or Motherhood Maternity! I love showing off that bump, but being comfy at the same time
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Sleep: eh, so so. I'm sleeping with half of the Boppy maternity pillow and that seems to help. But, sometimes I'm just uncomfortable.
Best moment this week: hearing baby's heartbeat on the Doppler at the new OB's office
Miss anything? Beer. It's been so frikin hot and dry here, that I'm craving beer. I'm sticking to water, but I do miss it. It's all worth it though
Movement: Yes! Lots of it! It's the absolute best!
Food cravings: Fresh fruit, bagels and cream cheese, and coffee. I love coffee. But, I limit myself to one regular sized mug a morning.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Most veggies, which is hard because I usually LOVE veggies, the smell of wine or hard alcohol, black beans, and most salad dressings.
Gender: Boy... we think..... we were told boy at the elective gender ultrasound. It was pretty dang obvious. My initial OB started second guessing the boy saying it was just the cord. We shall find out this Friday at our fetal survey for sure :)
Labor Signs: I have BH contractions. I don't feel them, but I can feel my tummy harden. OB checked my cervix. It was measuring a 5+, closed, and hard. So, I'm good there.
Symptoms: Stuffy. I'm starting to get achy at the gym. Exercise other than walking and light weights is starting to get hard. Up until a few days ago, I could carry on my regular routine that I started during our FETcycle, and had to make sure I wasn't over doing it. Now, I know I'm not over doing it, as I don't have it in me to do so.
Belly button in or out? In. Although my hernia that I've had for a couple years seems to be popped out for good now.
Wedding rings on or off? I normally wear 3 bands: engagement, wedding, and anniversary. I've bumped it down to just the engagement as the 3 together is just too tight. I noticed a couple of weeks ago, that the pregnancy swell is beginning.
Looking forward to: Fetal survey on Friday. I'm also looking forward to hitting the 3rd trimester mark in just 3.5 weeks! Eek!

So beautiful!!! I love baby bellies. Enjoy these last few months just you and your little man. Nothing like those wonderful sweet belly kicks!
ReplyDeleteyay yay yay!!! Love the belly bump! Great update. ♥♥♥
ReplyDeleteLoving that bump!
ReplyDeleteBelly bumps are the cutest!!
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic!! You should absolutely show off that bump! So happy that things are going so well!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou are so cute!!! I'm so glad that everything is going so well, I've really been rooting for you guys! Taylor sounds like she's going to be the best big sister ever, so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on yet another great milestone! Happy 24 weeks to you!
ReplyDeleteLooking good!
ReplyDeleteJust started following. Cute bump! I was so relieved to hit 24 weeks. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on hitting viability! Your bump is so stinkin cute. ;)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I am so happy I found your blog
ReplyDeletewww.mommy-dreaming.blogspot.com