Our little miracle blessing of a daughter is turning into such a big girl. She is defiantly not a baby anymore. It's crazy how much she has developed mentally, socially, and physically in the last couple months. I absolutely love watching her grow. Lately, I've found myself staring at her with a grin amazed that Jake and I produced such a wonderful little being. She is perfect. Yes, she is a little drama queen, stubborn, too smart for her own good, and a great tantrum thrower, but she is perfect for us.
I also look at her and wonder where I time went. She is growing so fast, and although I love, love, love this age.... I miss my baby. I miss having a baby. Where did my baby go???? Why can't I have another one already???? I can 1,000,000% say that I have full blown baby fever. Throughout our infertility struggle, that actual "baby fever", where you want a little teeny tiny newborn, comes and goes. Yes, I always want to be pregnant, and have another baby, sibling, etc etc. But sometimes the "baby fever" is stronger than others. In my opinion, this is one of the many difficult struggles of secondary infertility. I look at my beautiful, smart, miracle, blessing of a daughter and I'm so happy and thankful for her. Some will say "well, at least you have her", "You already have one, what's the big deal", "At least you aren't struggling with your first". And while those are all VERY TRUE statements, and I DO AGREE, they are also still very hurtful. Yes, I do have her, and yes I'm extremely thankful for my miracle child. But, every time I look at that wonderful gift from God, I ask myself why we haven't been blessed with another. There are times I look at her and wish for just one more blessing like her. It's hard to watch your child grow up for so many reasons. But, it's really hard to watch her grow up so fast right now, not knowing if I will get to watch another one at these same stages of life or not. For the last 6 months or longer, since I've really come to terms with the fact that she might be our only child, I have really tried to not take a single day, event, moment, memory, for granted. I might never get to teach another child to play games, roll out playdoh, do a somersault. I might never get to watch Bubble Guppies or DocMcStuffins with another toddler again. So, even though I don't want to watch it with her, I do. I'm trying not to take a single breath for granted.
I'm still having a very hard time forgiving myself for a lot of things I feel I took for granted when I was pregnant, and when Taylor was very little. Back when I thought I would easily just pop out another child whenever I pleased. Back when I was ignorant to secondary infertility. Back when I had no idea that my "funny shaped uterus" discovered during my c-section would actually turn out to be a really big issue in having another child.
I feel like I didn't enjoy or bask in the glory of pregnancy enough. I didn't know that it might be my only pregnancy, so I didn't treat it as such.
I wanted so bad for Taylor to "put herself to sleep" so I didn't have to rock her to sleep again. Little did I know that I would miss those moments with her AND might not ever have those moments again.
Taylor was weaned of the paci except sleep my 6 months and then completely by 12 months. I'm glad we kicked that habit, but I didn't know that seeing a little baby sucking on a paci would bring me such hurt. As bad as I wanted Taylor to kick that habit before talking (which I'm still glad she did), I didn't realize that might be the last time I see my child with a cute little chunk of plastic in their mouth.
It's weird, I know, but these are my feelings.
I just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you and praying for you. I have a good feeling about this year for you. And we all miss you!
ReplyDeletePraying everything goes well for you! And just some little advice from a former exercise addict/personal trainer who is trying to increase my fertility as well....if you need a guide of what "too much" is when doing cardio, try to keep your HR to no more than 130-140 bpm. That is a good guide while TTC and also during pregnancy. It sounds like your RE has already given you some good recommendations, but sometimes it's hard (even on something like an elliptical) to judge our own intensity, especially if you are someone used to doing fairly vigorous exercise before. Monitor that heart rate!
ReplyDeleteWhile it makes me sad you feel you didn't appreciate things as much before with your last pregnancy, I do think that is the silver lining in this whole infertility journey. You WILL be a mom again and when you do you will appreciate every last bit of it so much more than the average mom because of the struggle. You'll have your chance to redeem yourself and enjoy the throwing up, the poopie diapers, and the pacifiers all over again. Try to stay in faith that it WILL happen!
Praying the IVF works for you. Please forgive yourself for not appreciating your first pregnancy as much as you could have. How could you have known? We all just thought we'd be able to have babies when we wanted. It will happen again for you!!!!Just try to stay positive. Rooting for you. Keep us posted on your ultrasound.
ReplyDelete