
Yesterday was a bad day, emotionally. Taylor had an extremely rough day, simply because she is 3 and testing EVERYTHING. And, I was just emotional from that, from the stress of this cycle, from being tired, from life. But, BUT.... Yesterday is over. And, I'm doing my very best to live in the now. Today is a good day.
I had a u/s and blood draw with the RE's office today. Dr. B was off today, but I saw one of his partner RE's, which was A-OK with me. I actually LOVE all of the RE's there and all but one of the nurses. My lining was at 10mm after 4 shots of Delestrogen! 10 FREAKING MM!!!!!! This is fantastic for me. The highest we have seen my lining was 9mm 2 days before transfer, so it maybe got up to 10-11mm at the day of transfer. I still have 9-12 days before my transfer and 1-2 more doses of Delestrogen, so it's almost guaranteed that my lining will continue to thicken. This little bit of information made my day. After that, I got home, ate a yummy and healthy lunch, then hung out with my two favorite people. Pretty good day if I do say so myself. Sometimes, it's the simple things.
I go back next Wednesday for another u/s and blood draw. If everything is where it should be, then I will start my PIO shots (progesterone shots) and have the transfer between Monday 26th - Thursday 29th. We have some flexibility over the day, so as long as everything is a go, I'm going to shoot for Monday the 26th for a few reasons. A) it's the soonest date, and I want to get the show on the road ASAP, as long as everything looks good. B) Taylor is starting preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 1/2 a day, so I don't want to be out of town when she is in school and rushing to get home in time C) Wednesday is gymnastics day for Taylor. D) Waiting until Wednesday would mean 10dpt would fall on a Saturday. I don't want to do a beta on a Saturday because I wont get the results until the following Monday, which would make it extremely tempting to POAS earlier than the beta.
But, overall, I'm living in the now... and right now things are good. Lining is good. Dates are looking good and creeping up slowly. These things have given me just a pinch more hope and optimism for this cycle. A lot could go wrong between now and then, but every positive step is a good one.
Back to Taylor starting school........ I cannot freaking believe it's time for her to start preschool. My little baby is growing up so fast. People ALWAYS tell you that it goes so fast, but it's one of those things that you can't quite grasp until you've been there. Well, it's starting. I'm both sad and uber excited for her to be starting school. Sad because our plans were different. I was supposed to have a 1 year old or newborn or at least be giving birth soon when she started. Now, I will be home...alone. Not what we planned, but we can't change it. I'm excited for her because she is going to LOVE it. I know she will thrive and get the interaction she needs that we cannot provide at home. I know she will have hard days, and that she will not love every minute of school, but I think we are making the right decision to send her. And that makes me happy.
(She was putting together a backpack full of supplies to give to a child in need)
I was very indecisive whether I was going to send her to preschool at all until 6 or so months before Kindergarten. I work with her a lot at home, she gets interaction through gymnastics, the gym kid-care, swim class, and play dates. But, the kid thrives in these types of environments. She has been begging and begging to go to school. And, Jake and I agreed that if she continues to be an only child, we think she needs this interaction. We will continue to keep her in 2 half days a week until 6 or so months before kindergarten and then will bump it up to 3 half days a week. This will allow us to continue gymnastics in the fall/winter and swim in the spring/summer.



Oh my gosh! Your transfer could be next week!! Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteAwesome lining! Looks like we'll be in the wait together. Our ET should be Friday 8/30, so you're a few days ahead of me. Praying for good news for you!
ReplyDeleteTaylor cutes is a cutie petutie at always!
Goodluck
ReplyDelete