Wednesday, August 21, 2013

unicorns and rainbows

Against all logic... We do, because we know that if God is FOR us, who / what can be against us?  <>< + ><> So we HOPE!


8/21(today)  - start progesterone shots
8/26 (Monday) - Embryo Transfer
9/4 or 9/5 - Beta #1


My appointment went well.  Lining was the same.  Well, actually it was measured at 9.8mm which immediately freaked me out because I thought it was thinning.  I almost started crying.  Dr. B assured me that it's fine.  That each time they measure, it's not the same exact place.  And, that the difference between 10 and 9.8 for them isn't even calculated.  He was over the moon that it was that thick and not at the regular 6-7mm that I usually have at this stage.  So, I'm LETTING GO OF THAT STRESS and being happy since the Doc is happy.  Estridol and Progesterone levels were ready go.  So, that means I start my PIO shots (progesterone) today.  I'll be doing those shots EVERYDAY and continuing the estrogen shots every 3 days.  That's a whole lot of shots in my ass!!!! Our transfer is scheduled for Monday 8/26 at 1:30pm.  Hopefully, it's all worth it in the end.... and if it's not...... at least I never have to do those nasty shots, or feel each and every pregnancy symptom caused solely by progesterone again.

I'm currently *thinking* about hopping on a unicorn and riding it over a rainbow, but I'm not quite there.  Nor do I think I can really let myself get all the way to that level of optimism and positivity, but hey, at least I'm thinking about it, right? From this point until about 6dpt is the most positive time for me.  My body has done what it needed to do in order for a transfer to be scheduled.  Everything looks golden right now (as it always does). And, on Monday I will be PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise), which is always a great feeling.   I've gained a teeny tiny bit more hope that this will work and lead to a BFP, then a heartbeat, then a baby bump, then a gender reveal, then a healthy sibling for Tay.  But, I've been at these "picture" perfect cycles for far too long now to be unrealistically optimistic.  So, for now, instead of riding my unicorn over a rainbow, I think I'll just sit and pet the unicorn and look at the rainbow...... anybody following me, or did I lose you all ??? LOL


unicorn & rainbow



 

11 comments:

  1. Everything in me is pulling for your happy ending <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9.8mm is great!!!! Praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything sounds like it's going great! You are doing so much more to ensure the perfect conditions with this FET cycle, and I PRAY it will mean the end of the infertility road for you! "Just sit and pet the unicorn"...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this visual I have of you riding down a beach on a unicorn with rainbows all around you and all I can think of is Rainbow Brite! Like Emily said, it sounds like you're doing everything you can to have all the conditions absolutely perfect. Hoping and praying that this is your moment. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quote! Thinking about you pretty lady and hoping that your beta comes back high. Hugs from Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you today and praying for a miracle!

    ReplyDelete