I'm challenging myself to eat clean, following the 80/20 rule for 10 days.
I'm challenging myself to absolutely no alcohol for 10 days.
No desserts for 10 days.
And lots and lots of water for 10 days.
Originally, I was considering the AdvoCare 10 Day Challenge, but decided all I really needed to do was eat clean, cut out alcohol and sweets, and drinks an Insane amount of water. So...... Here goes. Another main challenge is to not step on a scale for 10 days. I've fallen back into the rut of weighing in daily. I then let that number determine my morning mood. This isn't healthy, and I need to get out of the routine. The scale is now hidden.
My basic meal plan is this:
Breakfast: coffee with Almond milk for creamer.... Vitamix veggie/fruit smoothie with a clean protein powder
Morning snack: raw fruit or veggie
Lunch: salad filled with raw veggies and a balsamic/ olive oil dressing
Afternoon snack: raw fruit or veggie and/or nuts
Dinner: lean meat, lots of veggies, and whole grains
"Dessert": berries, organic popcorn, or plain nonfat Greek yogurt.
Here is my lunch salad from today. It was super yummy and calculated 246 calories!
So..... Here is my before and current. I can't believe I'm posting this.... I'm slightly embarrassed as I NEVER do this. But, I want to motivate and inspire, so here goes. Before was right after my miscarriage. I was bloated, eating like crap, and drinking beer daily. Current was yesterday in the middle of the day after swimming with Tay. My hopes are that after 10 days of no alcohol, clean eating, and my normal workout regime that my abs will tone, and my muscles will be more defined. I'm proud of how far I've come since then, but I want to tone up some more.
This will be a log 10 days. I have two parties to attend next weekend where I will have to resist sweets and junk food. But, I can do this. I want to do this. Day 11 is a wedding, so I can "reward" myself then with some champs and some bites of Taylor's slice of cake.
If nothing else comes of this... At least I will be jump starting my body for our upcoming FET.
If anybody wants to join me, I would love a buddy!!!!!



I think you look great just the way you are, but I understand just wanting to feel a little better. Your salad looks amazing! Yum!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Emily. It was delicious! I'm having another today :) And, I actually like the way I look right now. I'm just trying to clean up my diet, challenge myself, and tone up a couple of areas. Doing the before and after picture made me have a lot more confidence in the way I look right now. It made me see myself in a more positive light. Overall, I'm hoping to feel better on the inside, and jumpstart my clean eating 80/20 rule that I like to follow.
DeleteWow! Good for you! Honestly though...you look great in both the before and after.
ReplyDeleteAlso, your salad looks delicious. I'm not even a salad girl, but that just looks amazing!