Wednesday, May 15, 2013

FET Transfer Complete

Today 5/15 - Embryo Transfer
Monday 5/20 - Estrogen and Progesterone blood work
Friday 5/25 - Beta pregnancy test

The transfer went great.  My lining was 8mm.  That's the same it was at the follie check u/s and is pretty good for my little unicornuate uterus.  So yay! The embryo looked fantastic.  It was a AAA 6 day that was already hatching out of the cell.  The embryologist and RE both were very impressed with it's quality.  The transfer itself went off without a hitch.  I'm now resting in bed for my 1 day of modified bed rest.  Thursday and Friday I will be taking it easy... and then I will resume normal activity Saturday.  Although I will not be going to the gym until Monday, and even then, it will be walking and extremely light weights (arms, back, shoulders, some legs.... no abs or core).

I'm more hopeful than I was last week.  But, I'm still not a beaming ray of optimism like I was with the IVF cycle.  Hope for the best.... prepare for the worst.......

This is what happens on a 5 day IVF cycle.  It's the closest thing I can find to a 6 day frozen, already hatching cycle. So, according to this, I'm more like 2dpt since RE firmly believed the embryo would implant today or tonight. Therefore, I might start POAS on Monday or Tuesday (5-6dpt), but I will try to hold out longer of course :)

5-Day Transfer http://www.nyufertilitycenter.org/ivf/embryo_transfer

Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
Embryo Development
OneThe blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
TwoThe blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
ThreeThe blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
FourImplantation continues
FiveImplantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
SixHuman chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
SevenFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
EightFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
NineLevels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's exciting hearing that the embryo should implant tonight or tomorrow. I know you are being guarded, and rightfully so, but I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thinking sticky thoughts for you, Darce! You'll do your beta test on my birthday. So hope you get good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you and I've got my fingers crossed that everything goes well! :) Throwing lots of sticky baby dust your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! So glad to hear this! Can't wait to see what happens next! Hoping and praying for a positive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT news!! So excited and please know you are in my thoughts!! Got all my fingers and toes crossed!! xo

    ReplyDelete